Complementing Flower’s indication based bone fixation concept, the Ready-for-Surgery FlowerCube, Flower Orthopedics offers FlowerFlo™ a placental tissue matrix allograft and FlowerPatch™, a dehydrated amniotic membrane allograft for post-surgery wound care.
Placental Tissue Matrix Allograft
FlowerFlo™ is a premixed, ambient temperature placental tissue matrix allograft, intended to replace or supplement damaged or integumental tissue.
FlowerPatch™ is a dehydrated amniotic membrane allograft intended to be used as a wound covering. FlowerPatch™ is available in various sizes, for improved handling, delivery and optimal coverage.
Features & Benefits
- Amniotic membranes and Placental tissues contain the extracellular matrix (ECM), a fibrous and elastic protein system that creates, connects and supports many of the body’s tissues and organs. ECM components include collagens, growth factors, fibronectin, laminins, integrins and hyaluronans.
- The extracellular matrix components support the body’s regenerative process to modulate correct tissue reconstruction versus scar tissue formation.
- Amniotic membranes and Placental tissue components are shown to reduce inflammation, fibrous tissue growth and potential scar tissue formation.
- Amniotic membranes and Placental tissues are ‘immune-privileged’, possessing little or no risk of foreign body reaction which can lead to fibrosis and graft failure.
- Application of Amniotic membrane and Placental tissues have been shown to reduce bacteria counts in the wound, demonstrated against a wide range of bacteria.